[rollei_list] Re: Tessar vs Sonnar

  • From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:36:04 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry, Jerry, forgot the smiley - I wasn't trying to be that rude!

However, I think it's the first time I've heard that view advanced. I've not
really shot on a Tessar-lensed 35 - both of mine have Sonnars - but I guess
that if you stop down to f8, a normal enough practice on a 35, there probably
isn't a lot of difference. I have to say that I like the performance of the
Sonnar very much indeed, but I know from my 'Flex Ts that the Tessar can be an
exceptionally competant lens.

Nick