[rollei_list] Re: Tessar vs Sonnar

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:42:12 +0000 (GMT)

Jerry, I told the story about the Sonnar for the
Rollei 35 s,Rollei had an annoyance with Zeiss due to
the first Sonnar prototype development for the 35.
Zeiss said to Rollei the Sonnar prototype with front
element focusing worked very well before to deliver
the prototype to Rollei an then Rollei developed a
complet camera prototype with a focusing system
similar to the Tessar version trusting in Zeiss, when
Zeiss delivered the Sonnar prototype and Rollei tested
it in the camera prototype, the results were a
disaster, only at infinity the Sonnar matched the
Tessar performance, for closer distances the Tessar
was better than the Sonnar clearly, the front element
focusing killed the Sonnar. Rollei needed to develop a
new complete focusing system to improve the Sonnar
performance and lost money and time; they developed a
focusing system to focus the Sonnar as unit and then
the Sonnar had better performance than the Tessar,
Rollei technical management had a great deception with
Zeiss.
I read it in the book "Rollei 35, a camera history" by
Prochnow.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Jerry Friedman <tinycameraco@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> I stand corrected Nick as I  meant to write Rollei
> 35s . But, the sonnar is
> still little better than the tessar for general
> photography. Some have argued
> that unit focusing (35s) is better than front
> element lens focusing (35) and
> perhaps this accounts for the sonnar's better
> closeup performance.
>
> Jerry F.
>
> --- Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Eh? The Rollei 35T has a Tessar, not a Sonnar. No
> wonder the Tessar on your
> > Rollei 35 is as good!
> >
> > Nick

Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar