[rollei_list] Re: Slide film is still alive

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:11:58 -0800

I've taught many Hasselblad workshops over the past decade, usually
two each year. Hasselblad supplied a dozen cameras and also some
digital backs for participants to use. The shooting day was always a
Sunday, and the critique and slide show always Wednesday evening.

Participants pick three of their best slides or three of their best
digital files, then we have a show and either I, or the Hasselblad rep
would critique the work.

We ALWAYS showed the digital pictures first (via a premium Canon
digital projector - the $7000 model) because no matter how good the
digital projector is, projected 6x6 slides (via Hasselblad PCP-80
projector) made the digital projection look v-e-r-y anemic! Always
lots of ooos and aahs coming from the audience over the film slides.

Jim