[rollei_list] Re: Slide film is still alive

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:03:44 -0300 (ART)

--- Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> ...Unfortunately, few projectors (I don't know of
any)
> have
> adjustments to allow parallelism of the optical path
> where
> the projector can not be exactly on axis to the
> screen....

I think it's necessary to distinguish the purpose to
use a film slide, if you want to print it or to scan
it, a good loupe with a light table could be the best
way to appreciate the slide quality -color and
contrast specially- however it is very discussed the
option loupe-light table vs projection to see the
slide sharpness, several photographers prefer the
projection to appreciate  the slide sharpness.

However if we are talking about a slide show as show,
nothing could replace a good projector, it is a visual
spectacle beyond any optical issue if you are using a
decent projector, anyway I add another problem for a
perfect projection, the curved slide, the curved slide
could be the main cause to create an uneven projection
and there is other discussion: CF (Curved field)
lenses projection vs PF (Plain field) lenses
projection to compensate a curved slide, that's other
issue, a MF slide show is better than to see your
images in the monitor, TV or print, even if the
projected image has some little out of focus areas due
to projection maladjustment.

All the best
Carlos

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/