[rollei_list] Re: Serial No's

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:21:51 -0700

Nick,

The Bantam Special and it's Ektar came out in 1936. The
Kodak Ektra came out in 1941, but was shown at the NY
Worlds Fair in 1940.  When my father picked up the demo
camera at the Kodak Pavilion, he quickly put it down with
a muted "ach!".  It was a left handed camera, designed by
a southpaw.  Vastly over designed, but with terrible ergonomics.
He bought the Super Kodak Six-20, instead.

Jerry