[rollei_list] Re: Serial No's

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:15:43 -0700

Hmm Jerry. Now how do you really feel about it? :-)
 But what about the Rolleinar .35 for the Tele? Didn't that compensate
somewhat? The one thing that was always interesting to me was that the
Rollei TLR was so favored among PJS through the 60s while the Hassy was more
for weddings in the 70s and later. Seems they each had their own prime
market. For portraits I remember the main cameras in the 70s were the Hassy
with 150mm Sonnar, or the Mamiya RB67.
 Peter K

 On 9/7/05, Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> They were focussed by big levers which looked like the outside
> brake lever on a Red Label Bentley. The pre-focus positions
> were marked as; "first base, pitcher, left field" and so on.
>
> Tele-Rolleis suck, as portrait cameras. Closest focus is over
> 9 feet!
>
> Jerry
>
> Peter J Nebergall wrote:
>
> > These machines appeared to have bellows extensions. Yes they were
> > prefocused.
> >
> > Question: I have periodically seen notice of a "Tele-Rolleiflex," but I
> > have never seen one in use. How good are they? Portrait cameras?
> >
> > PJ Nebergall
> >
> > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:27:26 -0700 "Richard Knoppow"
> > <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ó¿Õ¬