[rollei_list] Re: Rolleipistol, -fix and -meter

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 04:40:37 -0800 (PST)

--- El mié 31-dic-08, Eugen Mezei <Eugen.Mezei@xxxxxx> escribió:

> That was my thought too, where I got stuck is that locking
> is different. (I mean the locking where the back swings, not
> the locking with the incorporated tripod thread.)...

Pre-1953/52 models and Rolleicords have a simple system to catch the back and
to take it off, you only need to put the back horizontal raising it keeping
this position and then pushing the back to the left, it will be released to the
right side (the camera back facing you); to attach the back again first insert
it to the left side. Newer 'flex models have a little lever to release the
back.

> Now I just need to know what type of flexible release
> thread the MX has. It is definitively not the usual (called
> Compur?) style.

Writing from memory, I think the MX has a normal "universal" thread for shutter
cable release, the shutter button release has a safety mechanism to block it,
perhaps your camera lost some piece or the locking device is on, anyway I never
heard about something especial for the MX cable release thread.

The Rolleimeter couldn't be used for Rolleinars, it has means to calibrate for
the lens real focal length and to infinity only. The parallax could be a
serious problem too.

Happy new year to all!

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina