[rollei_list] Re: Rolleipistol, -fix and -meter

  • From: "Eugen Mezei" <Eugen.Mezei@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 02:49:23 +0100

> Writing from memory, I think the MX has a normal "universal" thread for
> shutter cable release, the shutter button release has a safety mechanism to
> block it, perhaps your camera lost some piece or the locking device is on,
> anyway I never heard about something especial for the MX cable release
> thread.

The safety mechanism is there. It also has a hole in the button that I thought
to be where you screw the cable in. But no. It has on the shutter button an
external thread, I think something like the cables used on some Leica should
fit. Maybe it is a bit different than the normal MX, mine is one made for the
U.S. market, focusing knob in feet, not in meters.

Interesting my much older Automat II has a normal cable release socket.

Eugen

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger