[rollei_list] Rolleipistol, -fix and -meter

  • From: Eugen Mezei <eugen.mezei@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 01:57:08 +0200

Reading your thread about the Rolleipistol I thought I ask some questions as me too bought lately a Rolleipistol and before a Rolleimeter. Unfortunately pistol and meter don't fit one of my Rollei TLRs.

For you to have a complete image I have 4 Rollei TLRs (and some other TLR, a Seagull and two Flexaret): - 2x Rolleicord Vb. These were my first TLRs and I bought the second one for stereoscopic images. They work ok, but they are not my favorites, especially when not mounted onto a tripod. - Rolleiflex 3,5 MX. This is my favorite and this should be the one where I want to use all the accesories. - Rolleiflex automat 2, recently bought in bad shape, not used until now. (Posted some questions about it some time ago.) Could become also a favorite, let's see how his CZJ perform against the westgerman CZ of the MX.

Some time ago I bought a Rolleimeter and although it is the 2.8 version I bought it in the hope of adapting it to the MX. It "clips" on to the MX but the feeler on the moving arm is to short. So it doesn't touch the camera front all the time when focusing. Anybody modified a 2.8 to a 3.5 rolleimeter? Do I assume correctly that having a longer feeler calibration would be possible?

Then recently I bought a pistol without looking at my two Flexes and ofcourse suprise, surprise they don't have the nut where the rolleifix will go in. The cords have it and they work bot fine with the pistol. Now could it be possible to remove the locking mechanism of the flexes and mill a nut in them where the Rolleifix can catch in? Or maybe it makes sense to swap the locking mechanism from the cords over to the flexes? Also, what type fo flexible release do I need for the MX? The shutter button hasn't the PC thread.

So the idea is to adapt the Rolleipistol/Rolleifix and the Rolleimeter to the 3.5 MX for use as a handy rangefinder.

Also my pistol miss the screw for the flashbracket. Can I use any 3/8" screw?

I got a plate adapter offered, unfortunately with broken glass. But I think I make another posting for that one .....

Greetings,

Eugen