[rollei_list] Re: Rolleipistol, -fix and -meter

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:13:16 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:51 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rolleipistol, -fix and -meter

OK Richard, thank you, that coincides 100% with my description, I only was not sure about the external thread would accept a Leica cable release too. MX came from factory provided with the Deckel/Compur or "universal" cable release thread used up to today for electronic cameras, whatever the shutter brand. Perhaps it would easier today to obtain the Leica type cable release than the dedicated piece for the universal thread cable release.-

Carlos

I have not had to get at the insides of my MX for too long to remember exactly how the shutter release is arranged. However, if the camera works with the Leica type release its possible to get an adaptor that allows the use of a Deckel/Compur release. I have one for my Nikon F which also has a Leica type fitting. The drawings in Prochnow's book are too small in scale to see exactly how the small rod is installed but I suspect that if the original part can not be obtained it could be replaced with a bit of drill rod. My memory is that the rod has a shoulder on the inside end to prevent its falling out of the release button. I am not quite sure how one would duplicate this without machining. In any case, its easy to see if the rod is there or not by looking into the socket. A cable release with a _very_ long throw might work even if the rod is missing. BTW some large shutters have a similar problem, notably Ilex shutters which have an extension rod in the release socket. They are often missing.

Los Angeles, CA, USA