[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL 35 E

  • From: "rocketmanpm ." <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 12:49:33 -0800

I recently dug-out my SL35E's due to an online YouTube seminar from B&H.
The guest photographer shoots wedding with mostly available light and
fisheye's.  While first suspicious, he showed that judicious use of scene
elements makes for rewarding images.  Having a 16mm Distagon in Rollei
mount, I'll give this a try.  The cameras are quite intuitive and remind me
much of the OM-1's.

On 2 March 2014 12:01, Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 16:30 Uhr -0500 26.2.2014, Marc James Small wrote:
> >The SL 35E is a grand camera.  It  has a quite
> >accurate meter and a marvelous lens line.
>
> The SL35E meter is indeed a killer feature. F&H engineers managed to find
> the sweet spot between integral metering (which doesn't deal well with
> contrasts, requiring skilled manual intervention), and spot metering (same
> requirements, for other reasons).
>
> I had a short fling with an SLR that implemented the two extremes, the OM
> 2sp. And  while i was a dream come true on paper, I hated what I had in my
> hands. I found an affordable 3003, sold the OM to a friend, and didn't look
> back.
>
> >I would love to own a 2000F or a 3003 but I've
> >never been able to afford one of these.  So, I
> >stand back and admire my SL 35E.
>
> These days, 3003 bodies probably go for a third of the price of a half
> decent 2,8F. For both, you'd have to add a CLA, I guess. I have had an ebay
> offer bookmarked for 379 EUR (380607359071) for a while...
>
> hauke
>

> --
> "It's never straight up and down"     (DEVO)

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably
themselves will not be realized."

--Daniel Burnham

*This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain
business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of
this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or
forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted. *