[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL 35 E

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:53:21 +0100

At 12:53 Uhr -0300 26.2.2014, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>This is a current "review" about the SL 35E, I think it is too brief
>to be considered a camera review, however it has some interesting
>points. I don't know the article source to say the SL35E was designed
>by Heinz Waaske, the Rollei 35 designer. I know he had a significant
>participation to design  the Rollei SL 26 and the Rolleimatic, he also
>designed a film magazine for the SL 2000 system, but I think he is not
>mentioned by Prochnow regarding the SL 35E construction [...]

I found a biography(*) of Heinz Waaske on the local Darmstadt photo fair
about three years ago (should have bought a second copy for myself...). The
book does not mention him in the context of the Rolleiflex SL35* series at
all - I paid special attention to that. He designed the A26 126 viewfinder,
but I am not sure he had a hand in the SL26 (too butt-ugly, IMHO).

His last project with F&H was the Rolleimatic, after which he left the
company (~1978, the wikipedia says), and worked as a freelance designer
with various other camera manufacturers.

hauke

(*) Eikmann, J., Voigt, U: Kameras für Millionen, Heinz Waaske:
Konstrukteur, Wittig 1997