[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex SL 35 E

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 21:01:00 +0100

At 16:30 Uhr -0500 26.2.2014, Marc James Small wrote:
>The SL 35E is a grand camera.  It  has a quite
>accurate meter and a marvelous lens line.

The SL35E meter is indeed a killer feature. F&H engineers managed to find
the sweet spot between integral metering (which doesn't deal well with
contrasts, requiring skilled manual intervention), and spot metering (same
requirements, for other reasons).

I had a short fling with an SLR that implemented the two extremes, the OM
2sp. And  while i was a dream come true on paper, I hated what I had in my
hands. I found an affordable 3003, sold the OM to a friend, and didn't look
back.

>I would love to own a 2000F or a 3003 but I've
>never been able to afford one of these.  So, I
>stand back and admire my SL 35E.

These days, 3003 bodies probably go for a third of the price of a half
decent 2,8F. For both, you'd have to add a CLA, I guess. I have had an ebay
offer bookmarked for 379 EUR (380607359071) for a while...

hauke