[rollei_list] Re: Rollei at the Movies

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:32:12 -0700

Speaking of Arbus, this article is an interesting one about some of her
subjects later on in life, particularly that famous one of the twin girls,
and also (surprisingly) one of Anderson Cooper as a baby:

*http://tinylink.com/?dBydrajENb* <http://tinylink.com/?dBydrajENb>* *

Richard S.

On 9/13/06, Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

So what!  Many is the time that I used blue flashbulbs with
black und white film. It gave better skin tones.  Back then,
everyone knew that.

Maybe Hollywood was a little bit smarter than we think?

Jerry

John Jensen wrote:

> What got me going on this was to finally read the
> Sunday NY Times entertainment section.  I saw the shot
> of Nicole Kidman with the Rollei and the RolleiFlash.
> It has a blue bulb in it.  I don't believe Diane ever
> shot color.  But that's Hollywood for you.
>
> John
>
> --- John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > All right, all you Diane Arbus lovers (and haters),
> > are you quite ready for this?  A movie, starring
> > Nicole Kidman, about Diane Arbus, starting on 10
> > November.  I don't know about the Hasselblad, but
> > check out the trailer.  Looks like a certain amount
> > of
> > kinkiness besides the Rolleiflex.
> >
> > John
> >

> > http://movies.aol.com/movie/fur/26835/trailer
> > ---
> > Rollei List
> >
> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > with 'subscribe'
> > in the subject field OR by logging into
> > www.freelists.org

> > with
> > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
> > into www.freelists.org

> --
09/12/2006