[rollei_list] Re: Rollei at the Movies

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:28:24 -0400

Craig Roberts wrote:

As I mentioned in my message, Eric, I do have releases. The subjects are self-advocates. In my work, I live with strict HIIPA regulations and protective sensibilities and, in this case, the law is satisfied.
That's part of the reason I posed the ethical question.
Thanks,

Craig

Sorry to have missed that, Craig. So if I'm understanding you right, these people have given you informed consent to have their likeness displayed/published, yet you have ethical qualms relative to doing so. Do you feel that the consent was not informed? Did they not understand the implications of what they were signing off on in the release? This issue has as much ethical impact as the question you raise, if not more...

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List