[rollei_list] Re: Rollei at the Movies

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:38:58 -0700

Eric,

The Medalist cost me $312 in 1945 and I spent $200 for the Leica in
1946. The first Rollei (the 9x9) cost me $75 also in 1945.

Of course my family was supportive!  I was earning more money than
my father!  It also paid for 6 years of college, after which my first
engineering job paid only $355 a month in 1953.

Jerry