[rollei_list] Re: 'Old' Zeiss glass question

  • From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:10:04 -0500

I have had a lot of Zeiss Biotars.  They vary all over the place -- from
"paste" to excellent.  Of course some are prewar, some wartime, some
immediately postwar...  so working conditions and supplies matter....
and the Tessar is no doubt a thick book waiting to be written!  Even my
R-Summicrons are different -- and I'd suggest these hand-fashioned
instruments are as different as Stradivarii.

But doesn't that make it a lot more fun?

(I did say in STREET PHOTOG: "Photography is a lot like jazz; there's a
whole lot of ways to play it...")

Peter Nebergall