[rollei_list] Re: 'Old' Zeiss glass question

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:27:32 -0400

Hi Jerry F -

The problem with this is what the meaning of "sharp" is. (Do I sound
like Bill Clinton? ;-)) Most lens producers take sharpness to be a
function of both resolution and contrast. I am having trouble
understanding what you mean by "sharp" because you seem to suggest
different things in different parts of your post. Also, the contrast
achieved by multicoating and reduced internal reflections/flare is
different than the contrast achieved by increased development...

Eric Goldstein