[rollei_list] Re: OT:Walter Voss Diax cameras

  • From: Mike Bischof <nbg90455@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:54:14 -0700 (PDT)

 Richard,

I suspect you were thinking about the Kodak Signet 35 -- it has a 44m Ektar
lens, which is an outstanding performer. The camera is a little quirky (max.
shutter speed is only 1/300), but a real joy to use...

Mike

Mike Bischof
Phoenix, AZ

The Photo Blog of my Indian Adventure
________________________________

________________________________

Marc
    I just looked at several editions of the Kodak lens
book included in the _Kodak Reference Handbook_. I evidently
mis-remembered the Kodak 35 lens, its listed as a Kodak
Anastigmat Special f/3.5, 50mm. This is a front element
focuser of the Tessar type but with the order of power in
the cemented rear component reversed. Kingslake says
somewhere that this is advantageous where high index glass
is used. Kodak does show an Anastigmat Special of f/4.5,
47mm on the Bantam. The very first Ektar lens was on the
Bantam Special and is a six-element Biotar type, f/2.0,
45mm. This is probably the lens I was thinking of. I have a
Kodak 35, with rangefinder somewhere but have never tried
it.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA