[rollei_list] Re: OT:Walter Voss Diax cameras

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:30:09 -0500

At 10:54 AM 10/23/2009, Mike wrote:
 Richard,

I suspect you were thinking about the Kodak Signet 35 -- it has a 44m Ektar lens, which is an outstanding performer. The camera is a little quirky (max. shutter speed is only 1/300), but a real joy to use...

Mike

In my high school days I used to covet the Kodak 35 but got an Argus C4, which turned out just fine, that is until I got my 2.8C in Hong Kong. I kept the Argus until 2007, in a home-made underwater housing, at which time I just gave it to someone in this group, or maybe the Exakta group.

I also wanted a Kodak Medalist- Is "Medalist" correct as a Kodak product?

Now I would go for a Rollei 35 as a favored classic camera. I was at a lecture/book signing by David Breshears after he wrote his book about filming Everest in Imax format. He spotted a Rollei 35 in the audience and had the owner bring it up, saying it was a superb camera for mountain climbing.

DAW