[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Newhouse230@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:19:22 EDT

Austin,

 Yes..I did work occasionally at 'Jon Allen' camera  store on Beacon St.
when I was a kid, and then at 'Camera Corner' also  on Beacon. I worked
Saturdays for the most part, since I was in high school at  the time. I bought
my
own Vb there when I was about 14 or 15 I guess. I made  some money shooting
Bar Mitzvah parties and shooting sports assignments for the  News Tribune
based in Waltham. I also made a good 'teenager's living' winning  prizes in
the Boston Globe weekly photo contest . At that time, Gil Friedberg  was the
photo editor. Somewhere, I still have a handwritten letter from him,  giving
me advice on how to go forward with my photography if I chose to make it  a
career.

Charlie

In a message dated 3/25/2010 5:49:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Charlie,

What camera store did you  work at in Brookline?  Not the one on Beacon
Street?  Yeah, I'd  believe Brookline would be more Rollei clientele than
Hasselblad  ;-)

Regards,

Austin