[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:07:38 +0000

Hi Peter,
as you may know, I own several cameras. I have had loads over the years. My
current cameras are a Nikon D3x, a Panasonic GH1 and a Leica M9.
Of these, I prefer the Leica since it is small and relatively light. It is
nowhere near as versatile as the others, but I find that is what I choose to
carry. Marc could still use his existing lenses on one, and the handling is
familiar to him. It is quite pricy, though less than Marc's list and less than
the D3x! A good economy since he will not need to buy lenses.
I still have some Canon stuff, but I never liked the control ergonomics, and
really had not realised how average their wide angle lenses were before I got
the Leica M8.
Anyway, I am not much of a fan of zooms, since the light ones are slow and the
slightly faster ones immense and heavy. For my taste the M9 is the best camera
I have ever used.
cheers,
Frank