[rollei_list] Re: Capa's Cameras

  • From: "iusar4s@xxxxxxxx" <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 02:43:24 GMT

I remember the earliest Nikon F "normal" and it was a 58mm F1.4, not a 50mm.  I
owned one.  It was warm, and behaved like a big Biotar.  The 50mm F1.4 was much
sharper.
Now the SM leica-mount "normals" were a 50mm F2 and a 50mm F1.4, as I remember.
 I won the F2.   Duncan speaks of a 50mm F1.5, but I never saw one.  I happened
on a 1950s (?) Cooke Amotal 50mm F1.4, and I REALLY wondered if some of the
early SM-Leica Nikon optics were not Deutschers but rather pirates from Cooke...
My friend Donna Cooke (of that family) would love to hear an answer.

Sorry for long silences; been in Wales.  Came back with a 'flex 3.5T...  Nice
camera, pain in the butt adjustments...

P.J. Nebergall

Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFoYcMDldmYCfr7G9VlmGo4wg8PshkhISWiGX9nj1E7s51yJcYVoc/