[rollei_list] Re: Cameras in Antarctica

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:03:17 -0300 (ART)

Richard, my true experience in Tierra del Fuego, close
to Antarctica with the 2.8C was to take photographs
under -15ºC to -20ºC, it worked fine without special
preparation, however I had the camera against my body
under one of my coats. BTW, if you think to take
photographs at-30ºC, -40ºC without protection for the
camera, the things are different.-

All the best
Carlos

 --- Richard Urmonas <rurmonas@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Fellow Rolleists.  I have a high probability of
> working in Antarctica
> over the next winter.  I have no experience with
> cameras in such cold
> conditions, so I am looking for any advice about
> selecting cameras for
> these conditions.  I know about servicing the
> shutters etc.
> ("winterising"), I am really looking for input about
> what are issues
> with various types of cameras in the cold
> conditions, and any shooting
> issues I may not be aware of.
>
> I am thinking about taking something like the
> following:
> - The Rollei 2.8D (of course!), probably in the
> metal case.
> - A MF SLR so I have a long lens for wildlife shots.
>  I own a Kowa
> outfit, plus have a Mamiya 645 (would have to buy
> lenses).  Buying
> another camera would not be out of the question.
> - Thinking about taking my Linhof Super Technica for
> some 4x5 images.
>
> Any comments about the wisdom of the above.
>
> All input greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Richard
> ---
> Richard Urmonas

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar