[rollei_list] Re: Cameras in Antarctica

  • From: Richard Urmonas <rurmonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:34:16 +0930

On 22/06/2005, at 8:00 PM, bigler@xxxxxxxx wrote:

One of the other remarks I remember from this book is the question of
"breathe" freezing on 35 mm viewfinders. The mere action of
approaching the eye from a 35 mm eyepiece in certain conditions of
temperature and humidity generated frost on the eyepiece. So he
praises the TLR / waist level finder for this reason... but the same
breathe-freezing effect could affect the Rollei eyepiece as well.

Thank you Emmanuel, while this is obvious, it is not something I had thought of. Luckily I prefer to use a WLF, so would have automatically avoided this problem!

These are the sorts of comments I am looking for.

Richard
----
Richard Urmonas