[rollei_list] Re: Cameras in Antarctica

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:21:16 -0700

I had one other thought about low temperature operation of Cameras, but don't have the references at hand. I'm sure anyone can find them if they are interested.

David Breashears did an Imax film from the top of Everest. He had a specially built, lightweight, camera available, which was also cold adapted. I have talked to him here during a book signing and recall that he had to take off his gloves to change the film cartridge. I have a photo (somewhere) of him doing that.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA