[rollei_list] Re: 3.5E and 2.8F questions

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:06:40 +0100

Jan,

I have read that people carefully cut down a Mamiya RB67 screen to fit and
the results are a great improvement in brightness and snapping into focus. I
can't comment on viewfinder re-focus requirement.

David Runyard has done this for his SL66 - see Club Roillei User Issue 8,
page 6.

http://rollei.org.uk/club-rollei-user-issue-8/

I do not see why thickness, within certain tolerances, should make much
difference unless the screen is located using its the top surface. If this
is the case, by measuring the thickness of the old and new screens, surely a
shim could be put under the four screws (if a non removable hood) to lift
the lower face into the correct position. I do not know how this would be
achievable with the removable hoods having the screen holder underneath the
hood.

John

On 18/07/2015 09:25, "Jan Decher" <jdecher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe I will leave the gridded, split-center screen in the 2.8F. It
snaps into focus quite nicely it's just a bit darker than the Maxwell.
The Maxwell has been a good bright replacement for the original
murky screen in the 3.5E but it is tricky to focus (I always focus
with the magnifier).