[rollei_list] Re: 3.5E and 2.8F questions

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 04:25:26 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your answers. I will probably just cut the splentrings. Need to find strong enough "short-beak wire cutter" though (you learn new words every day).

Maybe I will leave the gridded, split-center screen in the 2.8F. It snaps into focus quite nicely it's just a bit darker than the Maxwell. The Maxwell has been a good bright replacement for the original murky screen in the 3.5E but it is tricky to focus (I always focus with the magnifier).

Will pick up the test cool at noon today. It will be interesting if the meter gave me good readings. It looks like its weak at the bright end of the light range.

SL66 came back with new crank, stop-down lever, new mirror lever and used brighter screen installed and a bag of removed old parts (nice touch). Will probably send Mr. Bruer the 2.8F later this year.

Jan