[rollei_list] Re: 2.8F opton?

  • From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:08:35 -0700

Well...actually...I was joking with Richard about the Biometar.
I know that the Opton is not a Biometar.
s.

On Jul 7, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Eric Goldstein wrote:

Not joking at all... That's what I was looking for, Carlos. Appreciate
the reference.

So now we know either that the lens design has a long back-focus
(unlikely, as the design has not appeared in other similar
applications), or that the mirror on the camera allows for unusual
clearance. Wondering if it may be somewhat shortened and offer a
limited view with some lenses?

Eric Goldstein

--

On 7/7/08, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are joking Eric, anyway, if you have doubts, you can see here a cut about the Pentacon six with the Xen... Biometar 2.8/80 five elements at the middle of the page:

 http://www.praktica-users.com/cams/six/pentaconsixmanual.html

 Carlos

Hi Peter -

From what I understand, Carlos is saying the Biometar on
the Praktica
and the 2.8 B is the same formula/type, similar to the
Xenotar. I am
questioning how that is possible, given that the Praktica
is an SLR
and would need a design with enough back focus to clear the
mirror,
which to my knowledge the Xenotar (and 5 element Planar) do
not have.
If they did, you'd see them elsewhere on other SLRs,
like the
Hasselblad...

So we have an open question without a definitive answer...

/rollei_list

 ¡Buscá desde tu celular!

 Yahoo! oneSEARCH ahora está en Claro

 http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/onesearch