[rollei_list] Re: 2.8F opton?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:38:09 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:16 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 2.8F opton?

OPTik OberkocheN PL, OPTON Planar, it's a 2.8F Planar labeled OPTON because it was built for the communist countries, during the cold war those countries accepted the name Carl Zeiss for Carl Zeiss Jena only, Carl Zeiss Oberkochen (West) couldn't use the name Carl Zeiss, but the lens is the same Planar used in the West. Marc explained this issue.

Carlos

Please disregard my last message. I obviously had a brain blank when I sent it. Well, my excuse is that I just got up and haven't had enough coffee yet. Also, its too hot in Los Angeles. Also I start a much needed vacation tomorrow (have to work tonight) and am generally somewhat fried.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx