[rodgersorgan] New Member

  • From: "Stephen M. Swanson" <familyz28@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:21:41 -0600

Hi everyone!
        Greetings from Rock Island, IL!  I just stumbled across the this group
by
chance whilst looking for some information on the Rodgers PR-300S that I am
in the process of buying for my Church's Rodgers Essex 655.  Imagine my
utter delight to find such a website devoted to Rodgers Organs!!!  While I
am completely new to the concept of MIDI utilized in worship services, and I
myself am not well versed in the organ at all (took a few lessons... without
much luck), many of your postings have been amazingly insightful and helpful
from technical aspects of the organs to ideas for worship services.  I'm
definitely going to take some the ideas back to our organist as well as keep
them in mind as I begin to take up lessons again as an aspiring organist.

        In the meantime, if any of you have any suggestions on where to begin
again
and to reapproach the King of Instruments, I'd be most grateful.  Also, if
any of you have any information on the Essex 600 series (625/645/655), my
church and I could definitely use your insight.

Thanks!
Stephen M. Swanson, Treasurer
Fifteenth Avenue Christian Church (DOC)
Rock Island, IL