[rodgersorganusers] Re: Analog

  • From: "F Richard Burt" <effarbee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:43:03 -0600

Good Morning, Richard ,et al:

You wrote:

> P-l-e-a-s-e, analog instrments don't sound like
> Hammonds.  Only a Hammond sounds like a Hammond...

That is true, ...but in the same semblance of thought
expressed as a commentary by the uninitiated, "...OH!,
it sounds like a pipe organ." ...(of course, a well
set up and voiced analog organ that sounds "like"
a pipe organ <grins>), you have a certain
flutish ensemble of sound with fat tremolo that
reminds one very much of the Hammond.  THAT is what
I was describing when the organist at the funeral
played "ad infinitum" from beginning to end with
the same sound.  What a burden to endure.

By the way, this in no way demeans the Rodgers on
which it was played.  Just that the organist wanted
that "funeral parlor" sound for this experience.

F. Richard Burt

.
If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press