[roc-chat] Re: 10 days til RocStock 41!

  • From: Allen Farrington <allen.farrington@xxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:51:02 -0700

BLM permit states that we keep the entire active range on BLM land so avoid
moving North (towards Cambria Road) with the setup. Where we’ve been lately is
good, but we should continue to try to stay on the BLM square. We could
probably drift another 200 feet South and stay on the square. Of course, we
recover rockets on non-BLM land all the time but that’s OK for Lucerne Dry Lake.

Have fun! I’ll be at a relative’s Graduation in San Diego for the weekend so
I’ll miss out.

Allen

On Jun 1, 2015, at 10:15 AM, Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Richard,

Will miss seeing you there.

By my estimates, that would give about 34.4955°N 116.9595°W. I think the
updated RocStock layout meshes well with what you are saying.

Chris

From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 06/01/2015 09:29 AM
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: [roc-chat] 10 days til RocStock 41!
Sent by: roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will not be going to ROCstock this time. The range has moved a bit South
since the original GPS coord. I would suggest looking on Google Earth, go
about 1500’ West of the access road running North-South, and then look for
the less-traveled access road that is South of the range. Recently, some
people have been using this road from the highway to the site. I suggest the
safety zone be placed about 350’ North of this access road. It’s important
that the back pads are not placed too close to the main access road, and
someone needs to check if there will be large/complex projects. If so, these
need to be an appropriate distance from the spectator area and any launch
control leads shouldn’t cross the main access roads otherwise they will get
damaged. Hopefully, this all makes sense.

I would also suggest strongly discouraging splinter groups setting up along
the main access road in the old area. Any groups not that are not a part of
ROCstock should be at the far West end of the lakebed.

Richard