[roc-chat] Re: [roc-chat] 10 days til RocStock 41!

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:17:21 +0000

I will not be going to ROCstock this time. The range has moved a bit South
since the original GPS coord. I would suggest looking on Google Earth, go about
1500’ West of the access road running North-South, and then look for the
less-traveled access road that is South of the range. Recently, some people
have been using this road from the highway to the site. I suggest the safety
zone be placed about 350’ North of this access road. It’s important that the
back pads are not placed too close to the main access road, and someone needs
to check if there will be large/complex projects. If so, these need to be an
appropriate distance from the spectator area and any launch control leads
shouldn’t cross the main access roads otherwise they will get damaged.
Hopefully, this all makes sense.

I would also suggest strongly discouraging splinter groups setting up along the
main access road in the old area. Any groups not that are not a part of
ROCstock should be at the far West end of the lakebed.

Richard