[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:50:02 +0100

In message <4ebf99eddbajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06 Mar, Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Go to GPDriver2 , click menu and then help. Make sure the help file
>> says 2.05.
>
> The help file was greyed out!

Sorry, there is no such thing as a greyed out file in RISC OS. So, can
you describe exactly what you were seeing?

> I deleted it and dragged it in again from the RAMdisc, and it was still
> greyed out.
> Then I discovered that if I double clicked on the zip file and dragged it
> in from there, the helpfile worked, and it said it was 2.05.

OK, but of course the help file is the least important aspect of the
application. If upgrading the help file has not worked chances are
that the rest has not worked either. Did you follow the advice to
first DELETE your existing copy of !GPDriver2 and then drag in the new
version from the zip file? That is the only reliable way to upgrade.

> What I had been doing before was to double-click the zip file, drag it
> into the RAMdisc, and then drag it from there into the Printers directory.
> (That's what I had done when I had problems before).
> I don't see why there was a difference. Perhaps you can tell me!

There should not be any difference.

Martin