[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:04:02 GMT

In message <cb807cbd4e.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

> I had thought that I shouldn't tick "Print in the background", but
> I don't know why.  I'm using RemotePrinterFS JetDirect to a Netgear
> PS121 print server.  Is this a limitation of Gutenprint, or of
> RemotePrinterFS, or am I imagining the limitation?
>
> Dave

Dave,

When I used RemotePrinterFS to a Safecom printserver I had exactly
this sort of behaviour which is I believe in part due to the amount of
memory/buffer in the printer/printserver.

Ian Hamilton came to my rescue and PrintSpool now allows you to send
to a printserver using it's own built in LPR interface.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.