[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:30:50 +0100

In message <b290c6ba4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well I have now checked the files, with the aid of PrintSpool, that
> are produced by both GimpPrint and GutenPrint when using the Canon
> drivers and there is a difference.
>
> The following information is at the start of the GimpPrint file that
> does print:
>
> [K BJLSTART
> ControlMode=Common
> AckTime=Short
> BJLEND
> [K

Many thanks for the information. I have found the problem. The Canon
driver is a bit picky about page numbers. I thought it neater to start
from page 1, but the Canon driver looks at the page number and only
outputs some vital control information (the above plus more) when
starting to print page 0.

Martin