[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:47:20 GMT

In message <4ebd801b4fajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks. I've done that, but there is no difference.
> It goes through all the motions, but it doesn't feed any paper or
> actually print anything!
>
> Alan Griffin

Ok, check the following:

1 - Check that the connection is set to USB if you are doing this on
an Iyonix. Adding a new printer definition auto selects Parallel and
you should use Ian Hamilton's !PrtSet2USB application.

2 - If this is OK , select the printer on the icon bar and the run
!GPSetup. Check that Media source is set to Auto Sheet feeder.

I have a i550 and this more or less the same as a i560 and mine now
works.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.