[riscos-printing] Re: GutenPrint and Canon printers

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:35:22 GMT

On 25 Feb, Dr. S.H.Curry wrote:

> As a number of others have reported, I am also having no luck printing
> from GutenPrint with my Canon S400. GimpPrint still works so the
> problem seems to be with the new Canon drivers.

I concur - I have a Pixma iP4000 and Gutenprint goes through all the
motions but the data doesn't get arrive at the printer.

I didn't report this earlier because I am using a network print server
(D-Link DP-100) and thought it might be somehow related to that, and
as I haven't got a long enough USB printer cable to test it that way I
was going to rearrange things so that the printer was closer to the
Iyonix before testing further. However, as others have the same
symptoms using USB I'll wait for Martin to come up with a fix...
--
Brian Howlett
Every 4 seconds a woman has a baby. Our problem is to find this