[rbp-vienna] Re: Rudi's Bachelor Party - let's get started!

  • From: Manuel Bernhardt <bernhardt.manuel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbp-vienna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:56:56 +0200

Hi!

> Finally, I find time to read everything and respond (not used to this kind
> of BEST threads anymore, apparently).

Well, me neither, but old habits die hard, somehow. Btw I should
mention, we are not all from BEST here, even though there's a cunning
majority :) Though I should think that everyone has heard from BEST
from Rudi!

> First of all, Manu, thank you for the effort. I was best man myself some
> years ago, so I know what it's like ;)

Thanks ;)

> Bratislava - This was an idea for almost all bachelor parties I have been
> to, but it would be cool to finally make it happen for real.

Cool!

> Time - My experience is that everything takes longer than expected during
> bachelor parties - that should be kept in mind. However, I am flexible about
> beginning and end. If people are available at different times, we could have
> a slow start in the park with some beer, or so, until everybody has joined.
> Like a warm-up ;)

Ok let us take this into account for the planning, thanks for the warning.

> Strippers - I went to a strip club (Beverly Hills in Vienna) once during a
> bachelor party and it was quite a rip-off, although I negotiated a discount
> beforehand. Manager, waiters, strippers, DJ, it's all about money, not about
> having a good time, and you can really tell from the whole atmosphere. But
> maybe it's different in Bratislava. Anyway, it's a bachelor party, so fine
> with me.

Ok, well, let's see. I mean, the idea is to have fun (and, well, enter
a bloody strip club while girlfriends, wifes and wifes-to-be are not
watching). I.e. we shouldn't stay if it's not fun.

> Musicals - My girlfriend actually works at Ronacher, so she personally knows
> most of the musical actors and actresses. If I ask her, maybe she could get
> one of them (probably not the main characters) to sing with Rudi and us in
> the streets of Vienna for some minutes. But it would have to be well timed,
> as there are 2 shows on Saturday.

Wow, that would be a nice thing... I just wonder then, how can we
combine this effectively with kidnapping Rudi from home? I.e. if we
first go to town, meet with the singers, and then blindfold Rudi, how
would that work in practice?

> Shirt - Okay, I have a blue/black polo.

Cool. Need to make the count of answers, but I remember many people
said they had one.

> Suiting Up - I am not too fond of suits in my free time. But blue jeans with
> polo shirt and sports jacket (Sakko) would be an option as well.

Ok. What I would suggest is: let's all try to wear blue / black polo,
and then everyone can suit up or jean up according to what they
prefer. That way we still have a common element, but don't look all
the same, which is I think what Vanja meant with not looking like
typical englishmen invading Bratislava for the price difference.

> Beard - Okay, already in place, although not exactly Rudi-style, but good
> enough, I guess.

Ok :) Still wondering if growth will be fast enough until the WE.

> Red hair - Okay, no important meetings next week ;)

Cool!

> General - Most important is to keep the momentum during the night ;)

Yes. Let's try not to overdo shots or stuff, but keep it going, gently :)

manu