[rbp-vienna] Rudi's Bachelor Party - let's get started!

  • From: Manuel Bernhardt <bernhardt.manuel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbp-vienna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:42:19 +0200

Dear all,

sorry for the delay with sending this mail, my week has been a little crazy.

We're now already 10 people for the bachelor party (so 11 including
Rudi), with so far 2 people coming from abroad, and I expect between
5-6 more people to join. So this should be fun ;)

Given that there are only 2 weeks left, I'd like to get started soon
on brainstorming for what we're going to do. An additional challenge
for me is that I'm going to be on Teneriffa next week, in part
climbing a volcano, and they don't seem to have wifi on that
particular volcano, so I'll have some catching up to do when back. I'm
sure we'll manage to make a great programme for the bachelor party and
arrange everything on time nonetheless!

Talking about which: the idea I had so far was to start the bachelor
party in Vienna, e.g. at Rudi's place (Diana won't be there that
week-end, she'll be in Romania trying out the wedding dress, which by
the way, fun fact, is produced by an Austrian company in Romania) and
to then move / kidnap him to... Bratislava!

Some of the reasons I came up with, as an excuse for having this idea:
- it's really not far away from Vienna, so not a very long transit time
- the drinks are likely going to be cheaper
- the strippers too (well, we have to check if that's one thing we
want to do or not)
- I have fond pieces of memories of the bars in the underground of the
inner city. Though only pieces. Which may be a good sign.
- As far as I know, Rudi made a boatload of people watch "Europtrip",
and not only once - so much so that I know whole dialogues by hearth
by now (and so does he, much better than me, I think). One of the
scenes is about the main characters getting to Bratislava (thinking
they were in fact in Berlin), then realizing it, and uttering "Oh my
god, we're in Eastern Europe" (the movie is a pretty exaggerated
parody of a number of European countries as well as the US, it gets to
be really fun once you've watched it 2-3 times). So theme-wise, I
think this could be rather funny.

There's of course a little bit of logistics to handle, about getting
there and getting back sometime at night, so I was thinking to rent a
mini-van with driver or something of the kind, at least for the way
back. If anyone has a better idea, or has a proposal of where to call,
please shout! I'll look into it more into details now as well, there
are regular buses for about 60 € per 10 rides, just at night for
coming back, having something more comfortable might not be too bad an
idea.

Some more thoughts, in random order:
- do we want to make t-shirts (can we arrange t-shirts on such a short notice)
- what kind of (drinking) games and other games do we want to play
- where to go to in Bratislava
- strippers? :)

Ok, I think this mail is long enough by now. Now it's your turn, what
do you think of the above, do you have any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Cheers!

manu