[python] Re: riding attempts

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:03:29 +0100

I thought it would be helpful, I had a Flevo-Trike before. I learned
to steer the Flevo by using the hip. But it seems to be completely
different to ride a python. I recognized the fact that it moves to
the opposite side of the hip (hip to the right, python steers left).
That makes it difficult. I'm thinking about a short handlebar at the
front frame, like Jukka suggested in the thread "handle bar" some
days ago. Maybe it can help to calm the pythons wild behavior. Later
i would like to use the Bar under the seat.

Handlebars may be nice for the advanced riders, but they are a
"false friend" for novices: Desperately they keep clinging to
the bars all the time, not realising that they are wasting all
their energy by fighting against their own legs (which of course
are far stronger and additionally have thrice the leverarm).