[python] Re: riding attempts

  • From: "Carl Punton" <carlpunton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:13:33 +0100

Hi Everyone ,
I'm also a little concerned learning to ride my Python (hardly started , so
could be some time!) , the thing is , I only have parking lots available to
ride on , no traffic free roads and no luxury of cycle paths (southern
Spain).     I don't mind putting in practice time , I also can ride a
unicycle (badly!), whether that makes a difference or not.
  I know everyone is different , but roughly how long did it take you all
to be confident enough to ride on roads with traffic ? , worried about all
this talk of falling off even after getting experienced.  Also how straight
can they be ridden ?, how good can they hold a chosen route ?

On 18/12/06, Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Olaf,

you wrote, that you have learned that technique plays a bigger role than
balance.
I wonder if balance isn´t the final goal, to reach with the technique of
being able to release the tension of mind steered actions?
So my way to do it is to try to make my mind free of the things i
learned before.
I sit on the python like a wet sack, look to the horizon, feet up to
pedals, hands down on the ground and just go. Go while concentrating to
nothing but  the feeling of balance. OK, behave like a wet sack is a
kind of technique too, but i think releasing is the point.

Still learning,
Stephan