[pure-silver] Re: curled fiber edges

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:53:18 -0400

HI,

Dennis Purdy wrote:

snip.........

If you are going to make a lot of fiber prints then a dry mount press is worth the cost.

What is the price range that can be expected for a used 11x14? I don't print any larger. When I use the blotter rolls, I leave the prints in the rolls over night and then, the next day, I stack them between two scrap pieces of 11x14 mat board and weight them down with several choice heavy art books for a day or two. Art can be weighty ;) Prints come out perfectly flat.

Cheers,
Bogdan

I wash prints at the end of the day and put them face up on drying screens. Then in the morning flatten them in the press. Unless the humidity is really low, which it never is in Oregon, a quick warm press then curl the prints against the curl and they cool and dry flat enough to mount with just hinge tape.

however my press is only a 11x14 and when I print larger than that I dry the prints then put them under a quarter inch sheet of glass with a bunch of evenly spread weight on top and leave them a couple or three days and it works just like a hot press only slower.

Dennis

 Bogdan Karasek
 Montréal, Québec                     bogdan(at)bogdanphoto.com
 Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                    "I bear witness"