[pure-silver] Re: curled fiber edges

  • From: "Sissy Albertine" <salbert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:02:12 -0500

I heard through this list some time ago that using a squeegee  only on
the emulsion side and letting it air dry face down on screen in a drying
cabinet works the best. When it's dry, it's barely curled and it
flattens easily in a press, 225 deg F, for 2 minutes. I always put it
face down in the press, then pop it into a Mylar sleeve. It is so flat
some days that I could probably skip the press and just put it under
heavy glass (or books, in your case). Hope that helps.

Sissy