[pure-silver] Re: copal no 1 shutter question

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 17:03:01 -0700

Some Technikas have range finders that have a cam for each lens. I think the cam fits in the bed of the camera but am not sure. You need the cam only if you want to use the rangefinder and certainly do not need it for ground glass focusing.
   There are a number of Linhof instruction books at:
https://www.butkus.org/
   Specifically
https://www.butkus.org/chinon/index.html

   Also see:
http://linhof.com/en/historische-kameras-2/

http://linhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/linhof_master_technika_e.pdf

The above is not too different from late classic Linhof cameras. I can't find instruction books for the older cameras but somehow think I've seen them on line.

On 4/3/2019 4:38 PM, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Chauncey.  Just had a salesman try to tell me you needed the cam to mount the lens.  The only pictures I have ever seen of a cam appeared to be a wire structure to use it as a rangefinder.
--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx