[pure-silver] Re: ZONE VI VC HEAD, was No More Below the Lens Polymax Filter Kits?

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:57:01 +1100

Rob, could you use the Aristo VCL 4500? It is for 4"x5" Beseler type fitting. Would it cover your negatives? Perhaps it could be made to fit your enlarger, which I assume is bigger than 4"x5"

John

===================

Robert Krawiec wrote:
I've been following this thread with interest...I have a Zone VI type I VC
head, and unfortunately the soft light is so weak now that in order to get a
grade 2 I have to turn the hard light right down to almost minimum, with
ensuing very long exposure times.

Calumet have basically ignored my requests for help.

Aristo will build a new set of tubes into the head for around $1,000. I'm in
two minds whether to do this. I really like being able to print polaroid 55
negs uncropped and I haven't found an alternative enlarger that will do this
and fit in my basement.

Rob