[pure-silver] Re: Speaking Of Graflex

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:34:05 -0500

On 03/13/2014 07:56 AM, Mike Kirwan wrote:
Another alternative back for the Baby with a Grapflok back is the RB67 back
- it will only give you a 6x7 image but the build quality is way better and
have a great pressure plate and roller system. Another advantage - they are
readily available and a decent price. Alas, the 6x8 motorized RB back does
not work - I have tried every which way with no success.

Interesting thread.  Leet me clarify something here - I am all set
with rollfilm and sheetfilm for my Baby Speed w/Graflok back.

What I was wondering is whether or not I could quickly interchange, say,
RH8 backs on a 4x5 Crown Graphic.  It seems not.  I guess the only
way they ever did this is with an RH8 permanently affixed to an
adapter plate that fit in the 4x5 Graflok.  What I was looking for
was an adapter plate that mated to a 4x5 Graflok but also had
a 2x3 Graflok in the middle so changing rollfilm holders would be
very quick.