[pure-silver] Re: 'Ripening' procedure for developer?

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 16:27:42 -0500

Many solutions do not get to equilibrium for several hours if not days. Some
will ripen as they get some use like E6 1st developer. The interaction
between the molecules doesn't stop just because the powder appears to have
been suspended in the liquid. Buffering agents and other "active" links are
lurking under the radar of the human eye.

There are some solutions which can be used right after mixing without any
bad effects. Just remember to do it the same all the time. Do you use up the
solution right after mixing? Or does it sit for days and weeks? More than
likely for days and months, so relax and have a drink and come back tomorrow
and start the journey through the trays and tanks.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226