[pure-silver] Re: 'Ripening' procedure for developer?

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:28:21 -0500

So your inquiry here is to doubt the prevailing wisdom and or myth that it
is a good idea to allow powdered prepared developers to sit and cool, and
that they can be used immediately after mixing because no reactions are
taking place of consequence until the film or paper is introduced? And that
they have reached equilibrium very shortly after mixing?

You may want to inquire to the Photographers Formulary and see if they can
provide any answers, also Sprint Photo Chemicals.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226